Re: Last Call: <draft-kompella-l2vpn-l2vpn-07.txt> (Layer 2 Virtual Private Networks Using BGP for Auto-discovery and Signaling) to Informational RFC

Hi,

I support adoption and publishing draft-kompella-l2vpn-l2vpn-07.txt as
informational RFC. Using BGP for auto-discovery and signalling of L2VPNs
is by all means a right approach.

The draft also makes it very clear that underlying transport is opaque
and allows to use any form of encapsulation for PE-PE data exchange.

In that light I would not recommend to make any references in it to
RFC4447 and treat both specs as fully independent and unreleated documents.

Best regards,
R.