RE: I-D Working groups and mailing list

> --On Monday, August 08, 2011 13:34 -0700

It certainly does not make sense for it to be a requirement for drafts in
general. I'm less sure when it comes to drafts under active discussion - I
really don't have a problem with "repost that so everyone knows where to go".

> (2) I don't want to see it (or anything else) back us into
> either a requirement that everyone use xml2rfc or a requirement
> that the source for I-Ds be submitted along with the formatted
> ASCII-text versions.  So, while "optional well known location in
> our draft format" is fine with me, tools that are expected to
> pick information up by parsing XML and reading XML elements
> aren't... simply because they would require that I-Ds be
> prepared in XML and that the XML be generally available at
> posting time.

I agree with trying to keep things this way, but I also think that as the
community's tools become more refined and sophisticated some amount of lossage
associated with their non-use is going to be unavoidable.

				Ned