Re: Drafts Submissions cut-off

Hi -

Other, less contrived "forcing functions" are possible.
For example, I know of at least one WG chair who insisted on
including links in meeting agendas to the the exact versions of the
drafts to be discussed.  This caused the agenda posting cutoff
to become the effective deadline.  This is also consistent with
the expressed goal of giving chairs some flexibility.

But we don't need more rules to practice this!  It would not bother
me at all if the two-week cutoff were eliminated.  If anything, it
would encourage chairs to be more precise in their meeting agendas.

Randy