Re: subject_prefix on IETF Discuss?

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

> John Levine wrote:
> >
> > I'm not unalterably opposed to subject tags, but I believe that the
> > IETF's dogfood is of the List-ID: flavor.
>
> Which WG list do you suggest should be the guinea pig? Or shall we
> change them all at once to remove the dreaded subject prefix? :)

What exactly are you discussing?  List-Id: is present on this list
already, and the WG mailing lists I'm subscribed to have both,

subject_prefix will work even with very ancient MUAs, such as the
one I use, so I'm OK.  But the subject_prefix does not scale well
when multiple IETF mailings lists are CC-ed and discussion ensues
(replying to all lists).

Will a subject_prefix confuse MUAs that support "threading" for
cross-posted discussions?

-Martin