Re: A modest proposal...

Not to mention the strange grammatical "usage" that you hear in
Britain:

"I am stood in front of the office."

"We were sat on the runway for 20 minutes"

(Something you say about chess pieces I suppose...)

or:

"The Bank of England have announced an increase in interest rates"

No wonder us foreigners have such a hard time, particularly as we have
to pay attention to the American variants.

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   Mobile: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: ole@xxxxxxxxx  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj
Skype: organdemo