RE: IPv6 traffic distribution

> Brian E Carpenter wrote:
> Looking at a trace that I got from Geoff Huston a month or
> two ago, there are 25486 IPv6 TCP sessions of which 10748
> have a 6to4 source address. That's surprisingly high,

Not to me.

> showing that the answer depends greatly on the
> point of observation

Indeed this is the key. Validate the sample (the trace). To be
meaningful, that is. Collecting IPv6 stats somewhere close to someone
heavily involved in IPv6 deployment is meaningless. Among other things,
Tim's numbers. Tim, we have met a few times; as I recall, you are the
one who convinced me of the inevitability of IPv6 NAT. Your numbers are
meaningless; not because you don't collect them right or anything
involving your skills or competence, but because you're too close to the
problem. That's the geek syndrome.

IMHO, the only valid stats we can gather are either from a large content
provider (which is why Lorenzo's numbers are so interesting) or from a
large eyeball ISP. Cisco, Juniper, Apple, the academia, the IETF, etc
are NOT valid places to collect data.

> George Michaelson wrote:
> you may like to look at
> http://labs.apnic.net/dns-measurement/

Same remarks as above, plus I don't see there anything that separates
6rd.

Michel.