RE: draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-to-historic (yet again)

Brian,

Does the following text work for you?

                         Ron

N. Meaning of HISTORIC

For the purposes of this document, the term HISTORIC means:

- 6-to-4 should not be configured by default on any implementation (host, cpe router, other)

- Vendors will decide which future versions of their products will support 6-to-4. It is assumed that vendors will continue to support 6-to-4 until a) they are no longer economically incented to do so and b) they are economically incented to remove unused features from their products.

- Operators will decide when to decommission 6-to-4 relays, if ever. It is assumed that operators will continue to operate 6-to-4 relays as long as they are economically incented to do so. When 6-to-4 traffic levels reach zero, operators will probably begin to consider decommissioning.

The status of RFCs 3056 and 3068 should not be interpreted as a recommendation to remove 6-to-4 at any particular time.