RE: IPv6 traffic distribution

James,

If I remember correctly, you mentioned a bit ago that your job required
you had native IPv6 at home.

Question: Does an ISP providing you IPv6 out of the CPE box (meaning,
without any software other than dual-stack on the hosts) qualify as
native IPv6 if, behind the scenes, they use a tunnel broker, or 6rd?

> james woodyatt wrote:
> p1.  Those numbers are badly outdated.

What is your reading on 6rd numbers? And if these numbers are badly
outdated, where do you place the MacOS IPv6 traffic distribution today?

> p3.  Recent measurements of hits originating from Mac OS X
> hosts on 6to4 prefixed networks are dramatically smaller
> than when those measurements were taken, because Apple has
> updated Mac OS X 10.6 and 10.7 with significantly different
> behavior that will avoid using broken or underperforming
> 6to4 links.

So where does the new behavior switch the traffic to,
from 10.6 to 10.7? Back to IPv4? Or some other method?
Maybe Apple is using Teredo? (ducks) :P

> [..] the total world IPv6 traffic now, which again is an
> embarrassingly small fraction of global Internet traffic.

That is another debate.

Michel.