Re: [ftpext] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ftpext2-hosts-02.txt> (File Transfer Protocol HOST Command for Virtual Hosts) to Proposed Standard

24.06.2011 22:08, Robert McMurray wrote:
Thanks, Mykyta.

Section 3.3 already addresses that scenario in the second paragraph - and the server behaviors are exactly what you were suggesting:

    As discussed in section 3 of this document, if a HOST command is sent
    after a user has been authenticated the server SHOULD do one of the
    following:

    a.  Send a 503 reply for an invalid sequence of commands.

    b.  Treat the HOST command as though a REIN command was sent and
        reset the user-PI to the state that existed after the previous
        HOST command was sent and before the user had been authenticated,
        and then return the appropriate reply for the HOST command.
OK, and if HOST is sent for the second time when the user hasn't got authenticated, eg.

S> 220 Server ready
C> HOST example.com
S> 220 HOST OK
C> HOST example.org
S> ???

I suppose it may be 503 reply or switching to the identified host with 220 reply. This situation isn't mentioned in your document.

Mykyta Yevstifeyev
Thanks again!

Robert McMurray