Re: Gen-ART LC review of draft-faltstrom-5892bis-04

On Jun 7, 2011, at 3:56 AM, rontlv wrote:

> The IANA registry is in
> http://www.iana.org/assignments/idnabis-tables/idnabis-tables.xml#idnabis-ta
> bles-properties
> I saw that in the beginning it has as reference RFC 5892 for the whole
> table. Will it stay this way after the change proposed in this draft and
> just the three individual values will change based on 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3? or
> are there no changes in the IANA registry at all. This is unclear to me
> according to the section 3 of your draft.

The table will likely change, based on the input of the expert reviewer. I assume that a reference to this RFC-to-be would be added to the top of the table, next to "[RFC5892]". That is, this would be an additional reference, not a replacement. But that's up to IANA.

> Section 5.1 of RFC5892 says "If non-backward-compatible changes or other
> problems arise during the
>   creation or designated expert review of the table of derived property
>   values, they should be flagged for the IESG." . My question was if the
> change is backward compatible. The 5892bis draft does not say it.

The draft says:
   This imply the derived property value differs
   depending on whether the property definitions used are from Unicode
   5.2 or 6.0.
We intended that as "non-backwards-compatible"; we can change the wording to make that explicit.

--Paul Hoffman