Re: Gen-ART LC review of draft-faltstrom-5892bis-04

On May 29, 2011, at 4:13 AM, Roni Even wrote:

> Major issues:
>
> 1.       I am not sure how the IANA consideration section is in-line with the IANA consideration section of RFC5892. Maybe some clarification text would be helpful.

We think that the IANA considerations here are, in fact, what RFC 5892 was designed for. That is, RFC 5892 says that the registry will be updated ("IANA has created a registry with the derived properties for the versions of Unicode released after (and including) version 5.2"), and this is such an update. Please let me know if that doesn't match your understanding.

> 2.       The IANA registry for derived property value has RFC 5892, does this draft want to change the reference, how will it be done.

Section 2 of the draft is pretty clear here: "No change to RFC 5892 is needed based on the changes made in Unicode 6.0".

>   I think that it relates also to the issue of whether this draft updates RFC 5892.

And here too.

--Paul Hoffman