Re: Gen-ART LC review of draft-ietf-mpls-lsp-ping-enhanced-dsmap-09

* Doug Barton wrote:
>IMO one should always expand acronyms the first time they are used. It
>adds clarity to the text for new readers, and even for old hands it's
>sometimes necessary to disambiguate recycled TLAs.

Some read such suggestions as indicating they should make paragraph-long
titles. <http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc-editor/tutorial.latest.pdf>:

  Title

    * Should be thoughtfully chosen

    * No un-expanded abbreviations, except for very well known ones
      (e.g., IP, TCP, HTTP, MIME, MPLS)

    * We like short, snappy titles, but sometimes we get titles like:

        "An alternative to XML Configuration Access Protocol (XCAP)
         for manipulating resource lists and authorization lists,
         Using HTTP extensions for Distributed Authoring and
         Versioning (DAV)"

    * Choose a good abbreviated title for the running header

    * "WebDAV Alternative to XCAP"

They should not do that.
--
Björn Höhrmann · mailto:bjoern@xxxxxxxxxxxx · http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de