Re: Last Call: <draft-faltstrom-5892bis-04.txt> (The Unicode code points and IDNA - Unicode 6.0) to Proposed Standard

Paul Hoffman <paul.hoffman@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> On May 26, 2011, at 4:19 AM, Simon Josefsson wrote:
>
>> Dear IESG,
>> Is the intention that this document will update RFC 5892 or not?
>> The document does not contain a "Updates:" header but the draft name
>> suggests otherwise to me, hence my question.
>
> As document co-editor, let me say definitively: this document does
> *not* update RFC 5892. The filename is an artifact of the early
> consideration and, as you know, disappears once the document is
> published as an RFC. Note the information at
> <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-faltstrom-5892bis/>: this is
> what the IESG is going on. There is no mention of "updates" anywhere
> there.

Thanks for sharing your view.  Earlier discussion suggested that the
decision of document status would be punted to the IESG, but it seems
they will only make an aggregate decision about the entire document.

/Simon