Re: Poster sessions

On Jan 10, 2011, at 1:22 PM, Loa Andersson wrote:

> ALl,
>
> what is here called "poster session" reminds me a awful lot of the
> bar bof's we been running for a long time.

No coincidence. There's been a lot of criticism of these bar BoFs, and we keep looking for better ways to present new ideas.

> Anyone care to draw the line between the two and try to motivate why
> we need boths. As I see nothing stops from bringing a poster to a bar
> bof, or a white board for taht matter.

Despite the name, a bar BoF today is very much lecture-style. You have a presentation and a time for questions. There's really very little room for actual discussion (which supposedly happens later in some mailling list). A poster session allows for conversation with the I-D author, which may or may not lead to better results.