Re: BOF Attendance Minimization

On 11/8/2010 6:07 PM, Bernard Aboba wrote:
Dave Crocker said:

"1.  Can you provide some rationale for the details of the experiment?b
2.  Is one goal to maximize the attendance conflicts among BOFs?"

1. In terms of rationale, I am reminded of Kinky Freedman's slogan, when
running for Governor or Texas:  "Why Not?"

Well, the IETF rocks, but I didn't know it it rocks and rolls.

And we usually make some effort at having reasons for changing running systems. Something about stability and utility...

So, there have been plenty of postings noting the core, conceptual problem with concentrating BOFs together: It creates a kind of attendance pattern sampling fragility.

In any event, the 'why not' logic suggests trying a different scheduling configuration for every meeting, since there is essentially an infinite variety of combinations. So why not try them all?

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking