RE: what is the problem ter

An I-D usually needs to get WG consensus before it becomes a WG draft.  Getting consensus from the wider community at this point, as you suggest, seems very reasonable.  In my experience, once a document is issued as an RFC, it is considered to be a standard.  The steps beyond that are largely irrelevant.

Sent from my iPhone