Re: existing (and questionable) application designs [was Re: US DoD and IPv6]

Brian E Carpenter wrote:

> The problem is that the creation of disjoint addressing realms
> (due to NAT and to IPv4/IPv6 coexistence) has made distributed
> application design almost impossible without kludges.

That's why we shouldn't use IPv6.

With port restricted IPv4 (such as A+P, E2ENAT, PE-ARP), the
addressing realm of address+port is identical as the current
IPv4 Internet that there are no kludges necessary.

Application protocols and programs, including but not limited
to FTP, are working as is without ALG kludges.

As PR-IP effectively expands IPv4 address space by a factor
of 100 or 1000, there is no point to migrate to old and poor
IPv6, even if we need a long term solution.

						Masataka Ohta