Re: Optimizing for what? Was Re: IETF Attendance by continent

On 9/3/10 3:45 PM, Hascall Sharp wrote:

> On 8/30/10 3:57 PM, Olaf Kolkman wrote:
> ...snip...
>>
>> Am I missing something?
> ...snip...
>
> Yes.  The IETF is having too many meetings where physical presence is
> required in order to participate effectively in the work.

We have the same number as when I started attending around ietf 37.

> It seems to me that IETF is going in the wrong direction in terms of
> meetings.

We have more working groups having online virtual interims, the
workplace of reference for virtually all working groups remains the
mailing list, that I think is demonstrative of the opposite.

> But maybe I'm getting old and cranky and everyone else has an ever
> expanding travel budget.

not likely.