RE: My comments to the press about RFC 2474

From: ietf-bounces@xxxxxxxx [ietf-bounces@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Livingood, Jason [Jason_Livingood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]

It seems the press struggles to understand that the IETF does
technical standards and not business models.

The press doesn't understand what technical standards are or why they are needed.  Indeed, the press barely understands that technology is anything other than magic.  "I press the button and the light comes on."

Dale