RE: Optimizing for what? Was Re: IETF Attendance by continent

I guess the chinese (and other affected nationalities) can speak for themselves, but as far as I know it is not that easy to get a US visa - even with company backup etc. I have never heard about people having problems getting a chinese visa, but maybe such problems exist also.

Personally I don't care that much where the meetings take place - I am more interested WHEN they take place. For me it is the PEOPLE that make a meeting good or bad - not the location. There are people working in much worse conditions than we are, and still they manage to do a great job.

Regards,

Christer