Re: [78attendees] WARNING !!! Re: Maastricht to Brussels-Nat-Aero, Sat 07:09

On 29/08/2010 06:22, Yoav Nir wrote:
>  The warning to have your destination written down in Chinese,
> because the taxi drivers don't speak English doesn't inspire confidence
> either.

I've never been to Beijing myself but friends who have told me that this
worked perfect for them: the taxidriver understood where they wanted
to go and they got there in more or less a straight line.

> For most business meetings, all this doesn't matter. You either have a host
> that helps you out, or your Chinese sales office helps you out. For an IETF
> meeting, we don't really have either of these.

The host and the IETF do help: we provide 2 hotels and instructions on how
to get there.

The IETF (IAOC, local host, ...) is not a travel agent though, if you
have requirements outside what is provided, I suggest that you contact
a travel agent.

Henk

Henk Uijterwaal                           Email: henk.uijterwaal(at)ripe.net
RIPE Network Coordination Centre          http://www.xs4all.nl/~henku
P.O.Box 10096          Singel 258         Phone: +31.20.5354414
1001 EB Amsterdam      1016 AB Amsterdam  Fax: +31.20.5354445
The Netherlands        The Netherlands    Mobile: +31.6.55861746