RE: [78attendees] WARNING !!! Re: Maastricht to Brussels-Nat-Aero, Sat 07:09

Yoav Nir [mailto:ynir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]  writes:

On Aug 29, 2010, at 10:31 AM, Glen Zorn wrote:

Ole Jacobsen [mailto:ole@xxxxxxxxx] writes:

> On Sun, 29 Aug 2010, Yoav Nir wrote:

> > Hopefully. But only the two hotels listed there have agreements and

> > special rates for IETF attendants. In Maastricht there were a lot of

> > hotels with special rates, so a lot were listed.

> Yeah, and people (as usual) complained that they could get much better

> rates outside the IETF block. Can't win that one.

Perhaps not (there will always be a Motel 6 or some such down the road), but that’s not the question & definitely not the problem.  The question is why, when the IETF has essentially promised to fill the Shangri-La Beijing for the week, is it possible to book a room on the Shangri-La Web site right now for the entire week of the meeting at less than the IETF rate?

Really?  I have just tried that, and got the same 1300 RMB with or without the promotion code.

Nevertheless, does it not put the lie to the idea that the IETF is getting a deal (except maybe a bad one)?

I can get cheaper rates for the week before or the week after, but entering 7th-12th of November gives me just the 1300 RMB rate.