Re: [dispatch] VIPR - proposed charter version 3

 On 7/6/10 7:20 AM, Peter Musgrave wrote:
From my perspective what this is really about is the ability for me to have interoperable ad-hoc video calls between businesses which can be established via SIP with a "good enough" level of authentication and security.

You're looking in the wrong place, then.

The problem is that VIPR really provides something more like "random failure surprise," as some portion of the call attempts must go over the (non-video-capable) PSTN. The user doesn't have any idea about, or control over, when this will happen. So while it might be something you could use for personal purposes -- where frequent video call setup failures would be okay -- I doubt it's a viable video solution in a business environment. To run a business, you need something better than "random failure surprise".

/a