Re: Admission Control to the IETF 78 and IETF 79 Networks

--On Friday, July 02, 2010 05:09 +0900 Randy Bush
<randy@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>> The use of WLAN started out with a small group of early
>> adopters somewhere around 1996/1997.
>
> earler, i believe.  i think i had wlan in s'hoim in 95, and
> ran the dhcp server experimaent on my laptop in the corner.
> but don't trust my memory, i don't.

I don't trust my memory either, but my recollection is that we
had 900 MHz WaveLAN/ Roamabout technology (with those big
paste-on-the-back transceivers) floating around a few years
before that.  Some relatively early meeting in Stockholm or Oslo
introduced us to an early 802.11a FHSS device and protocol.
Some of us bought the transceivers on the theory that it was the
coming thing, but I don't remember which meeting or the sequence
of events.

    john