Re: Admission Control to the IETF 78 and IETF 79 Networks

> I do remember the guarded terminal rooms in 1995-1998.

the terminals themselves were being guarded, not their use.  they were
expensive.  now there are no terminals in the terninal room.  so the
name was apt. :)

> The use of WLAN started out with a small group of early adopters
> somewhere around 1996/1997.

earler, i believe.  i think i had wlan in s'hoim in 95, and ran the dhcp
server experimaent on my laptop in the corner.  but don't trust my
memory, i don't.

> I'm not sure that the liability issues for open WLANs have been
> correctly described here.

i would assume not.  we're not lawyers, even though many seem to play
one on the net.

> IANAL and I'm german, and the IETF meeting is in the Netherlands.

and we're practicing for beijing.

randy