Re: The IPv6 Transitional Preference Problem

On Jun 18, 2010, at 7:21 PM, Martin Rex wrote:
> EVERY server is trivially susceptible to DoS attacks.
> That is no such thing as a server that is not.

Not so interested in getting into a pedantic argument on DoS susceptibility.

> What you described is a client with a pretty selfish attitude
> that doesn't care about network, servers and the other clients
> put into code.

Well, no.  What I described was my understanding of a proposal to facilitate transition that comes with some benefits and some costs.  If nothing else, given the truly inspirational amount of crap on the Internet, I find it a bit difficult to get worked up about a few additional packets at communication initiation that are actually beneficial.

> The concept works only as long as very few individuals try to
> get an unfair advantage over the rest.  But it definitely is
> doomed if EVERYONE, or even a larger number of people would
> practice this.

We seem to be talking about different things.

Regards,
-drc