RE: Gen-ART Telechat Review of draft-ietf-nsis-nslp-natfw-24

Hi Ben,

Yes, but there was no text. The -25 has the text, saying that a NATFW
lifetime object must be included in the error response.

The NF includes now a Signaling Session Lifetime object to the error
response send to the NI with the maximum or minimum lifetime.

> error
> >>
> >> This is a mistake in the text - I guess this text got missed while
> >> editing.
> >>
> >> Changed to text to address the fact that error must be generated at
> the
> >> time when the CREATE is received, as the policy rule is already
> reserved
> >> and all checks whether it is compliant with local policies has to be
> >> done at that time.
> >>
> >> OLD:
> >>        When the initial CREATE message is received at
> >>        the private side, the NAT binding is allocated, but not
> >>        activated (see also Appendix D.3).  An error RESPONSE message
> >>        is generated, if the requested policy rule cannot be
> installed
> >>        later on, of class 'Signaling session failure' (0x6) with
> >>        response code 'Requested policy rule denied due to policy
> >>        conflict' (0x4).  The MRI information is updated to reflect
> the
> >>
> >> NEW:
> >>        When the initial CREATE message is received at
> >>        the private side, the NAT binding is allocated, but not
> >>        activated (see also Appendix D.3).  An error RESPONSE message
> >>        is generated, if the requested policy rule cannot be reserved
> >>        right away, of class 'Signaling session failure' (0x6) with
> >>        response code 'Requested policy rule denied due to policy
> >>        conflict' (0x4).  The MRI information is updated to reflect
> the
> >>

> > I think the change is good, but I notice you applied it to the NAT
> bullet, and my comment was on the Firewall bullet. I suspect the same
> issue applies to both?

Yes, good catch, it applies for both.

Fixed in -25.

Thanks,

  Martin

martin.stiemerling@xxxxxxxxx

NEC Laboratories Europe - Network Research Division
NEC Europe Limited | Registered Office: NEC House, 1 Victoria Road, London W3 6BL | Registered in England 2832014