Re: Above market hotel room rates

There are only a few of us on this list who have put on meetings where we had to sign contracts with hotels. Even in that small group, few if any have put on meetings with 1000 attendees. As someone in the former group (interoperability events with 20-100 people), in Hiltons, I can state without hesitation that every negotiation with every hotel is quite different. Second-guessing after a finished negotiation about what would have been better assumes that you know what the hotel offered; it is likely that no one other than the IAOC and the hotel knows that.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium