Re: Make the Internet uncensorable to intermediate nodes

Le Fri, 19 Mar 2010 21:59:44 +0800,
MtFBwU <may.4thbwu@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> My point is, today's Internet architecture can be very easily
> censored, because the semantic content is bounded with data. FEC
> algorithms can dispersal meaning-ful content into meaning-less data,
> thus makes the transfer neutral to all intermediate nodes.
>
> My view towards the Internet is simple, it's like the highways, is
> should be publicly liber and neutral transportation no matter what
> your car model is.
>
> What do you guys think?

You can use :

- An overlay that will encapsulate (and cypher) the censored
content within a "good looking" packet (I can think of a tor like
overlay). The pb with the overlay, it must change its signature
sometimes if DPI is used to filter;
- Maybe a tunnel (IP, SSL, SSH, etc.). I do not know which system is
used in China to filter ... maybe IPSec is forbidden.

I really think the current Internet architecture make every filtering
system circumvented after :

- Thinking about a way to trick the filter;
- Making use of the trick to achieve end-to-end data transport with
one of the standard transport protocol ...

Cheers.

--
Jérôme Benoit aka fraggle
La Météo du Net - http://grenouille.com