Re: Why the normative form of IETF Standards is ASCII

You can submit the HTML, the problem is that it seems to go in the bit bucket.

Since the preferred submission formats are XML or nroff, I see no reason that the HTML version could not be generated from the XML.

The problem seems to be that the RFC editor insists on using the XML to generate nroff and then makes all edits to the nroff, this is then used to generate the teletype version and a PDF of the teletype version.

The net effect appears to be that there is no HTML version available, even if the authors exclusively used HTML for the production process.

Hence, what I consider to be entirely justified anger on this point.