Re: Visas and Costs

Hi,

> Okay, so one advantage of having a meeting in the PRC is that the
> majority of participants (including US and Canadian ones) who can
> normally travel almost anywhere without VISAs will have to experience
> some of the pain of getting a VISA.

You may have meant this in a sarcastic way, but it very literally *is*
an advantage: it may cure some of the U.S. IETF participants who usually
hand-wave away the visa issue of non-U.S. participants in a U.S. venue
as "can't be that bad, stop whining". It is always good to see "the
other side". Makes for a better discussion ground.
(Disclaimer: I was not one of the people needing a visa. But I can have
empathy for other beings.)

Greetings,

Stefan Winter