Re: Request for community guidance on issue concerninga future meeting of the IETF

Health wrote:

> all in all,
>
>    Since IETF only focus on and discuss technical issues, has the issue of politics or human right been discussed in the past IETF meeting?
>
>   if the answer is "NO", there should have none probles of hold a meeting in China.

Direct you attention to the primary sources.

http://www.vpnc.org/ietf-ipsec/92.ipsec/msg01985.html

http://www.vpnc.org/ietf-ipsec/92.ipsec/msg01991.html

If you want to follow the thread:

http://www.vpnc.org/ietf-ipsec/92.ipsec/thrd2.html

This discussion was still going on several years later when I began
participating in the IETF, even though clipper had been killed and
presidential directive 5 had long since been neutered.

The dialectic on what should be brought to the ietf, and the
implications of polticaly imposed requirements influencing standards
neither started nor ended there.