Re: Important Information about IETF 76 Meeting Registration

Lawrence Rosen <lrosen at rosenlaw dot com> wrote:
Please note that you are now also collecting information that *is >> not* on the current blue sheets, namely "company/organization >> affiliation".>> I thought that was the "problem" to which you were alluding. And my > question remains: Is there any evidence that participants in IETF > should not provide their company/organization affiliation when they > participate? Is there something to hide?
Speaking only as an RFC author and WG participant, not as an IETF conference attendee, either in the past or in the foreseeable future...
I declined to state either my previous or current employer as my "affiliation" for either RFC 4645 or draft-4645bis, and instead listed myself as "Consultant," for two reasons: (1) neither employer has ever provided any support for my activities in the LTRU WG, and (2) a certain particularly ill-willed participant in LTRU had already used another participant's "affiliation" against him, writing to the legal department of that person's employer and demanding that he be professionally disciplined, something I didn't feel like risking for myself.