Re: draft-housley-iesg-rfc3932bis and the optional/mandatory nature of IESG notes

If every document needs this marking, then that is a matter for headers and boilerplates. I can understand arguing about how we mark documents. If our headers and boilerplate are not sufficient, then we should renegotiate them. I personally think that they are about as good as we can get.

But the IESG review is for checking for conflicts with IETF work. It is for reporting such conflicts. It is not a general review for "does the IETF like this work."

Yours,
Joel

Adam Roach wrote:
Joel M. Halpern wrote:
And given that these are Independent Submissions, they aren't supposed to be subject to community review.

Given this fact, why is there pushback on the idea that we would prominently mark the documents to indicate that they have not been subjected to community review? It seems like the kind of thing that is of extreme relevance to the reader.

/a