Re: WG Review: Multiple InterFaces (mif)

> From: "=?iso-8859-1?q?R=E9mi?= Denis-Courmont" <remi.denis-courmont@xxxxxxxxx>
> On Saturday 25 April 2009 22:32:35 ext Christian Huitema wrote:

> > There are obvious examples where multiple gateways make sense. For
> > example, a home network could have routers attached to different
> > broadband providers, with different bandwidth and different
> > connectivity characteristics.

Exactly the configuration I've currently at home. To make it work on
Linux, I need to use few ip table rules to direct packets correctly.

> It is a configuration error. If only because existing devices on the
> network assume that those gateways work the way I said,
> interchangeably.

It just shows some lack of vision, which should be fixed.. Hopefully
MIF can do it.

> I doubt MIF can solve backward compatibility.

Hmm.. wouldn't give up backward compatibility without trying. And if
not 100%, maybe good enough level can be reached...