RE: WG Review: Multiple InterFaces (mif)

> A host may have multiple default gateways on the same "interface".
> However, those gateways should be usable interchangeably. All of those gateways
> should have the same "values" for the properties above. Otherwise, I would
> argue the network is broken and/or the host is misconfigured. In other words, it
> can pick any of its live gateways outbound, and may receive packets from any
> of those gateways in the other direction. If I'm not mistaken, the IETF
> IPv6 wireless network is an example of this.

There are obvious examples where multiple gateways make sense. For example, a home network could have routers attached to different broadband providers, with different bandwidth and different connectivity characteristics. Rémi, you may believe that this is a configuration error, but it is only an error because our protocols do not handle that configuration very well. I would expect MIF to address the problem and suggest fixes...

-- Christian Huitema