Re: Security Assessment of TCP

Lars Eggert wrote:

>> My personal take is that the IETF is responsible for the maintenance of
>> its protocols, and this effort carried ut by the UK CPNI should be
>> welcome, and the IETF should take the chance and benefit from this work
>> to publish advice on TCP security/resiliency.
>
> I agree with you, as I've already said on the TCPM list. (See my email
> there for details.)

What are your thoughts about working on this I-D in the transport area?
(with hat on).

> In the interest of full disclosure, you might want to mention that you
> were one of the authors or even the main author of the CPNI document, at
> least as far as I know.

Sorry, I thought this was implicit.

I am the only author of the CPNI paper (this is stated in the
"Acknowledgements" of the UK CPNI paper). For instance, that's the
reason for which I am the author of draft-gont-tcp-security.

P.S.: The only reason for which my name is not in the cover page is
simply that that is not the format with which CPNI are published. But I
thought that my authorship of the CPNI document was implicit.

Thanks,
--
Fernando Gont
e-mail: fernando@xxxxxxxxxxx || fgont@xxxxxxx