RE: IPR/Copyright

> I note that, if the community's preference is really the second
> choice, then we are finished.  The Trustees would presumably
> follow the general rough consensus on this list, interpret the
> existing workaround as permanent, and  we would all move on.

Well, almost finished.

If a draft using the workaround becomes RFC and someone wants to
reuse material from it, the latter work becomes a "second derivative".
So we will need to use the workaround for some post-5398 RFCs as well.
In fact, a recursive algorithm is needed to determine whether or not
to use the pre-5398 language.

Y(J)S