Re: Consensus Call for draft-housley-tls-authz

On Mar 8, 2009, at 8:41 AM, Harald Alvestrand wrote:

but this isn't what Tim (and, hopefully, the IESG) is trying to do in this case.

I advocate publication of this document NOW as Experimental. Tim apparently is suggesting delaying the document for some yet-to-be- chartered, yet-to-started WG effort. I oppose this delay.

It's my view is that implementors have sufficient technical and IPR information to determine whether or not to implement this specification. Further discussions of the specific IPR issues surrounding this I-D is, IMO, a waste of time. In the end, each implementor needs to make an independent judgement as whether to implement this (or any other specification) as they are libel from their own infringement of any valid IPR claims (and/or at risk of litigation for any valid-or-not IPR claims).

-- Kurt