Re: Terminal room at IETF74

Dearlove, Christopher (UK) wrote:
> But now, if I come to IETF74, I won't have a laptop with me.
> Corporate policy, based on recent US legal decisions, is that
> I may not take a laptop (or PDA etc.) into the USA. This is
> not subject to modification. Obviously even a machine in the
> terminal room would be a very poor second, but it seems even
> that is out.

I don't know about you but I wouldn't trust a public terminal no matter
how well maintained for the applications which I carry a laptop.

Depending on your bent, either a personal laptop (with no corporate data
on it) or a mobile phone with the appropriate email conduit but no
pre-existing configuration might be a more desirable (and secure) way to go.