draft-housley-tls-authz-extns

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing to express my opposition to any standard encumbered by any patent.

If a standard is to be a standard, it MUST be free to implement and use.

It appears that RedPhone Security's intellectual property claims affect only particular implementations of the proposed standard.

If that is the case, perhaps the solution is to modify the proposed standard AND clearly specify ways to implement the standard, in order that the final standard can be usefully implemented without infringing RedPhone Security's intellectual property claims.

Best Regards,
Daniel Kauffman