"TLS authorization"

Dear IETF
I read on the Free Software Foundation's website tonight on how you plan to recommend a communication protocol that has a patent on it. I believe this is a horrible idea as the world wide web was founded on patent free standards; the W3 continued existence is because the web standards body W3C refuses any technology with patents on it. As Bill Gates as said when Microsoft was young: “If people had understood how patents would be granted when most of today’s ideas were invented, and had taken out patents, the industry would be at a complete standstill today.” Giving RedPhone Security a monopoly on communication is unacceptable and hurts this economy in a time where it can't take another hit without falling. I ask that you please reject this standard; using patent free technology.
John Wyatt