Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: The IETF Trustees invite your comments on ...

Andrew Sullivan wrote:
     Wha the work-around appears to me to provide is a way for
contributors to say, "But maybe I don't have them all."  From my point
of view, that's less good than releasing the contributor from needing
to make such claims in the first place, but it's an improvement.
> What's unusual in this case is that every contributor,
by virtue of having to assert that he or she has obtained the relevant
permssions, is _also_ subject to those lawsuits.

+1.

This nicely highlights the underlying problem with the approach has so far been taken: It expects far too much from people who are, in actual fact, acting as agents of the IETF.

d/

--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking