Re: The internet architecture

+1 (or +several). From my point of view, we are trying to use the same concepts of "multiple addresses per host" and "multiple hosts per address" to handle a whole series of unrelated things, perhaps with various sorts of virtualization and clustering at one extreme and "one address per interface/link" at the other. We haven't gotten any of them right for today's world and attempts at most of them interfere with the others.

 john