Re: Last Call: draft-housley-iesg-rfc3932bis (IESG Procedures for Handling of Independent and IRTF Stream Submissions) to BCP

Hi Russ,
At 14:10 09-11-2008, Russ Housley wrote:
Not all Informational and Experimental documents are standards-related. Some are. Not all Informational and Experimental documents are published as part of the IETF stream. Some are. I'm not sure what text change would help add clarity.

I understand that. You provided some text in a later message which sounds better.

This is very similar to the point raised by John Klensin. Since "harmful" is the term used in RFC 3292, I have asked Harald to provide some insights before making any changes to this wording. I understand your point, but I want to make sure that I'm not missing some historical context.

Jari's message provided me an insight of why the word is used and about documents on which the IESG reaches conclusion 5.

The RFC Editor, in agreement with the IAB, shall manage mechanisms for appropriate technical review of independent submissions. Likewise, the IRSG, in agreement with the IAB, shall manage mechanisms for appropriate technical review of IRTF submissions.

That sounds better.

Regards,
-sm