Re: placing a dollar value on IETF IP.

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 8:27 AM, TS Glassey <tglassey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Since there is now a specific value estimated by the LINUX community at 1.4B
> for the kernel itself

Hey, I've done an analysis and found that my toenail clippings are
worth $3.8762 billion.  That kernel-valuation exercise is the silliest
kind of science fiction.  Let me let you in on a little secret:
Everything in the world has a value, and that value is exactly what
people are prepared to pay for it.  No more, no less.

On payment of a generous consulting fee, I would be delighted to
"estimate a specific value" for any given RFC or even I-D.  I'll even
issue gold-framed certificates you can mount on the wall.  -Tim