Re: [p2pi] WG Review: Application-Layer Traffic Optimization (alto)

Narayanan, Vidya wrote:
With respect to process, I think this one takes the cake among abominations. Having been at the IETF long enough and having participated in several BoFs, I'm quite familiar with RFC2418 and the process. Here we have an effort that started with a closed/gated workshop outside the IETF,

Actually, this is not so.  The workshop *was* sponsored by IETF;
the RAI area, to be more precise (please see
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf-announce/current/msg04758.html).

The initial notes from the workshop are also archived at
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/p2pi/current/msg00025.html.

Thanks,

- vijay
--
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
1960 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9C-533, Naperville, Illinois 60566 (USA)