RE: Legal Provisions Relating to IETF Documents

Just to be clear:  there is only one type of copyright.  It is created
by statute.  There are many different types of copyright licenses,
however.  And I think that's what is being discussed here.  This being
said, I agree with Steve.  The IPR-WG has settled on the BSD license for
licensing Code Components, which is a very open, flexible model.