Re: On being public (Was: Call for Nominees)

Hi, Pete,

> Obviously we can't change 3777 for this NomCom. However, there is
> nothing in 3777 or elsewhere that *requires* any nominee to keep
> their own nomination confidential. So, I'd like to encourage nominees
> to be public. Here's what I have in mind: If you've been nominated,
> post a simple message to the IETF list of the following form:
>
> "My name was submitted to the NomCom for the position of <Foobar AD>,
> and I've told the NomCom I'm willing to be considered. Of course,
> this is no guarantee that if I get selected, I'd still be able to
> serve. Please send them whatever positive or negative feedback you
> have."
>
> End of message. No commentary on why you'd be wonderful (or terrible)
> for the job. Just inviting people to comment.
>
> Thoughts on this?

Obviously, I have lots of thoughts on NomCom, but on this specific
suggestion, I can only say that I would respond to these postings for anyone
I was remotely equipped to provide feedback for.

And that's probably one reasonable measure of good idea/bad idea - whether
people will respond.

Thanks,

Spencer