Re: IESG Statement on Revised guidance for interim meetings

On Sep 2, 2008, at 5:14 PM, Dave CROCKER wrote:

> Russ Housley wrote:
>> In summary, email discussion has less tendency toward "group think"
>> than
>> face-to-face gatherings.

Of course. Humans are hierarchical social animals; it is very hard for
most people to disagree with a room
full of people.

Maybe even more pertinently for technical work, it is very hard (for
most people) to think in depth
in a room full of people.

IMHO confirming decisions on the list is a very valuable sanity check
and should not be dropped under
any circumstances.

Regards
Marshall